Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, working alongside the Credit Controller and Management Accountant. The Finance and Contract Assistant will manage the Accounts Payable process and Contractor Compliance, being part of a small team the role will be varied and evolve as the business grows.
This is a part-time roles with flexibility for the candidate.
Circa 25-30 hours per week, working 4-5 days per week depending on the candidates requirements.
Flexibility with timings but would need to be within core 9-6 working hours.
Remote working available, requirement to visit the office circa once per month.
- Process supplier invoices, maintaining an up-to-date and accurate creditor’s ledger.
- Proposing and processing payment runs.
- Administration and reconciliation of the company expenses system (xero expenses) and credit cards (Pleo)
- Accounts payable reporting.
- Statement reconciliations as required
- VAT reporting
- On-boarding new contractors into the business and managing the compliance and candidate checking process
- Working with the business to on-board new clients and run relevant credit checks
- Create contracts for new clients, and contract extensions
- Process timesheets in our timesheet portal Evertime
- Run weekly contractor payroll for our 60-person contract business
- Work with our external funding partner Sonovate to process timesheets and invoices
Ad hoc duties including but not limited to;
- Management accounts preparation
- Assisting with the annual audit
- Credit control
- HMRC reporting
- Strong administration skills with office experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Can communicate effectively
- Proactive and with an interest in process improvement
- Ability to work as part of team
- A background in either contractor compliance or accounts payable looking for a more varied role
- Xero experience
- Timesheet system experience
- Good knowledge of Excel